The objectives of the Nakusp & Area Foundation are to maintain funds in perpetuity and to give out the interest, in the form of grants, to “qualified donees” which contribute to a healthy community and promote advancement in such areas as arts and culture, social welfare, education, environmental protection, recreation, healthcare and community development.
The Nakusp & Area Community Foundation’s fields of consideration are:
- Relief of poverty
- Educational needs
- Social welfare and health issues
- Programs for the aged and the disabled
- Preservation and protection of the environment
- Advancement of the arts and culture
- Prevention of delinquency and substance abuse
To view a chart of the funding possibilities see below.